Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
Hydrate well the day prior to surgery (non-caffeinated beverages ie water, gatorade, apple juice…).
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery (several weeks is best).
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow (preferably short sleeved shirt), and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office as surgery may need to be rescheduled.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Conkin prior to your surgical date for instructions. Most medications can be taken prior to surgery with water.